Xero accounting software - Gold Partner Logo
              P: (07) 5492 0300

NOW LOCATED AT 8 Otranto Ave, Caloundra
Financial Planning

Click here for more...
Wardle Partners

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs

I have more than one tax return outstanding - are you able to help me?
We sure can! Our team of specialists will be more than happy to assist you in making your lodgements up-to-date.

I'm in the mining industry - do you have anyone that specialises in preparing these returns?
Our team of accountants are specialists in all areas of taxation, including the mining industry.

How long does it take the ATO to process my tax refund?
Generally the ATO take up to 14 days to process tax returns, however, their processing standard for individual tax returns is 28 days. These time frames can vary depending on other circumstances.

Can you take your fee from my refund?
Yes, just ask for a Trust Account Authority when you bring in your tax. Please note that a $22 fee applies for this service.

What do I need to bring with me?
We can email, fax or post you a checklist so that you can be sure that you bring in everything for your appointment. Or feel free to view and print out a copy of our standard Individual Tax Return Checklist.

Do I need to bring all of my receipts to my appointment or can I bring a summary of my expenses?
You will only need to bring a summary of your expenses to your appointment, however, for audit purposes you will need to ensure that you retain all your receipts as per the ATO's guidelines.

Do I need to make an appointment? Can't I just drop my records in?
That's no worries at all. You may drop your work in or forward it to us by post or email and if you wish to still speak with someone we can schedule a phone or Skype appointment with one of our accountants for you. Alternatively, you may come in and meet with an accountant - just let us know your preference as we'd be more than happy to accommodate you.

How long do I need to keep my tax records?
Generally, you must keep your written evidence of income and expenses for five years from the date you lodge your tax return or is due to be lodged. Special guidelines apply to depreciable assets and individuals with simple tax affairs. Please feel free to contact our office if you are unsure or would like further information as we'd be more than happy to assist you.

How can I pay you?
We accept payment by: direct debit, cash, credit card and we also have EFTPOS available at reception.

How can I return my signed Electronic Lodgement Declaration to you?
You can forward these to us by fax: (07) 5491 1067, email: info@wardlepartners.com.au or post: PO Box 231, Caloundra QLD 4551.

When is my Business Activity Statement (BAS) or Instalment Activity Statement (IAS) due for lodgement?
Quarterly Activity Statements are generally due the 28 days after the quarter's end. Monthly Activity Statements are due on the 21st of the following month. For example: BAS for the period 1 April to 30 June 2013 will be due on the 28 July 2013 and an October 2012 monthly activity statement would be due for lodgement on the 21 November 2012.

Do you have qualified financial advisors as well?
Yes, located within our premises are Compass Financial Solutions Pty Ltd, an independent financial planning practice - www.compassfinancialsolutions.com.au

When do I need to pay superannuation to my staff?
For quarterly payments, superannuation is due to be paid by the 28th day following the end of the previous quarter.

Do you have a JP available?
Yes, we sure do. Please call us on (07) 5492 0300 to schedule an appointment.

How much can my business earn before I have to register for GST?
$75,000 gross turnover.

Where are you?

Our office is located at 8 Otranto Ave, Caloundra. A map showing where our office is located can be found on the Contact Us page.

Can't find your question? Like some more information or more specific advice?
Please feel free to contact our office on (07) 5492 0300 - we'd be more than happy to assist you.